Saying Goodbye

Dear 80's linoleum,

The time has come for you to go.  The truth is, I just don't think we were meant to be.  We had some good times together. Baby girls learning to walk on you, family gatherings, shattering dishes,but after 5 years I can't live with you any longer. 


 You are ugly and hard to keep clean. I've seen your true colors and they are not pretty.


 I'm sorry, but you must know the truth.  I've been falling for another floor and his name is Dark Bamboo. He will be moving in next week.


 Please don't write or call, it's over.  Goodbye.

~Kathleen 



11 comments:

  1. i am so glad you are over.... he was never any good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time you kicked Lino to the curb! Love your choice of bamboo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post! We have bamboo in our house. It's a pretty flooring. Your hallway looks great in the dark bamboo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see the transformation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand where you're coming from; we've all been in a relationship like that. I support your decision and feel certain it won't take you much time to move on. =)

    Karen Emmerton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh..very funny and just what I needed over a cup of coffee this AM! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard he was cheating with a laminate countertop down the street. You can't trust gold vinyl - they are dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny! I cannot wait either! ~Serena

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so funny! Love your ode to a linoleum floor :)

    Have a great day rock star!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment